The Cloud online service KosmosAgro is designed to maintain continuous monitoring of the condition and use of agricultural land, including obtaining accurate data on field borders, crop acreage, cultivated crop condition, and the prompt detection of adverse natural factors, such as drought, pests and blight, thus offering informational support for forecasting crop yields.
The geo-service is based on a technology of fully automated thematic analysis of satellite imagery, allowing users to obtain the vegetation indices and vegetation condition indices, to assess the dynamics of crop growth, sowing and harvesting, and to receive a number of additional parameters of the agricultural land. All the results of the service processes are displayed on the map, and formatted as report materials, ensuring convenient data analysis and allowing for the collection of statistical information about the crop condition.
The geo-service allows:
- state authorities to control and manage agricultural production at the federal and regional levels to determine the actual area of land used for agriculture; to identify unused and misused land;
- agricultural entities to efficiently monitor the condition of crops, perform agricultural activities, promptly detect adverse natural factors and the damage they cause, and make management decisions;
- insurance companies to determine the insurance perspectives, review insurance cases, and assess risks;
- financial entities to assess the stability of production, the efficient use of funds allocated for agricultural activities, and make decisions about credit facilities and subsidy opportunities.
- KosmosAgro is accessed via the Internet. After starting work within the service environment, a user can:
- input a variety of details into the information system regarding the farm, enterprise, region, and subject;
- input information, documents, photo and video materials, as well as statistical data and agrochemical inspection reports, input into the service environment;
- monitor the status of registered agricultural land in real time, use analysis functions for the system data and obtain reporting data in a convenient form for later use.
SCANEX also guarantees data protection and technical support to all geo-service users.
Geo-service KosmosAgro is actively employed by large agricultural holdings and leading insurance companies, as well as credit and subsidisation organisations working with agricultural producers in Russia and the CIS. The technologies underlying the service were used to create the Demetra information-analytical system for the Russian Federal Veterinary and Phytosanitary Monitoring Agency.